Archive

Posts Tagged ‘6610i’

Final judgement about nokia6610i vs J2MEPolish 1.2.3

It is nice, it is good looking, but it is definitely not for max-64kB-jar phones…
After adding one Form, jar grows to about 80kB after obfuscation…
Stripping styles is senseless… you would save about 1-4kB…

It seems that I would need to write my own small gui, or buy new phone 🙂

Categories: J2ME, programming Tags: , , ,

when the mind sleeps…

Huh, it’s late in the night.
I’ve tried to test last build, but emulator (Nokia S40 SDK) responded with “SIM Card not ready” message… (and I’m pretty whackin serious now…,look at the screenshot…)
Well… I definitely need to go to sleep now…

Emulator fail ? :)

Categories: J2ME, programming Tags: , , ,

eclipse, j2mepolish 1.2.3b, debugging…. omg…

Well, after unsuccessful approach to connect together NetBeans6.9, j2mepolish1.2.3b i’ve tried to use Eclipse3.5.

Copied sample project, build via cmd.exe [ant build] successful, build via Eclipse invoking ant build based on build.xml successful, configured different J2ME SDKs (Nokia S40, J2ME SDK 3.0) running ok, but no luck in debugging…

One goal achieved so far… now the jar is about 30kb (using j2mepolish1.2.3b).
But I don’t like to debug via run&test approach, without any help from debugger…

PS1. Of course my fault… how to debug obfuscated jar ? no wonder why Eclipse was “confused”…
So remember kids, build test version of midlet before debugging…

Ecplise settings : http://www.eclipseme.org/docs/configuring.html#step4
Debug settings :
-Debug / Debug configurations / Wireless Toolkit Emulator
-new configuration
-executable : JAD URL : IMPORTANT – delete “file:/” prefix from JAD URL…. yeah, Eclipse refuse to “Debug” (button is grayed), but don’t mind this – click Accept and Close, and then invoke Debug / new configuration from main toolbar
-don’t forget to set proper emulator platform and device under the next tab in Debug configuration dialog.

Categories: J2ME, programming Tags: , , , ,

J2MEPolish and old MIDP1.0 phones…

After winning battle for successful compilation j2mepolish project I considered that minimal jar size I was able to get after obfuscation is about 70kB…. so, it won’t get into many of old fashioned phones that allow 64kB jar max.
This is the situation for J2MEPolish v2.0+…
I’m checking older version of J2MEPolish for opportunity of getting small jar…

Categories: J2ME, programming Tags: , , , ,

J2MEPolish 2.0 and NetBeans 6.9…

Yeah, it is kind a hard to get them together…

Even after successful installation of J2MEPolish with its NetBeans integration module you have absolutely no idea what to do next…
Starting new project as J2MEPolish Project in NetBeans’ wizard is somewhat crappy, it leads to empty project with some java exceptions in IDE’s log.
One another problem – NetBeans doesn’t allow configurations to have names like “Nokia/E50”, because slash is not allowed in correct java identifier… so it is not so-straighforward to define device identifier for J2MEPolish.

Copying sample project from J2MEPolish/sample directory won’t lead you to working framework, too.

It would be the best, when I share a simple framework with you, because I could not reproduce the way I’ve got through 🙂

http://rapidshare.com/files/405096758/J2ME-Polish-Project.zip.html

It is compiling, building and running on my machine with J2ME SDK 3.0 platform and Nokia S40 SDKs.